About This Vacancy
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to become one of the next fitted kitchen or bathroom installers and to join our expanding installation teams. As an apprentice installer for Aquarius Home Improvements, you will learn all aspects of installing bathrooms and kitchens from our current and experienced installers.
Aquarius Home Improvements have been supplying and installing fitted bathrooms and kitchens for in excess of 10 years and we have grown from the small family run firm with just the directors, to a company employing nearly 20 members of staff and undertaking over 30 installations every month with a current lead time of 14 weeks for installations.
As our current apprentices reach the end of their studies and become installers themselves, we are looking to take on the installers of the future.
Key requirements for the position are as follows:
- Be able to follow correct procedures at all times
- Be proactive in your approach
- Be able to listen to clear instructions
- Be able to arrive on time and have excellent timekeeping skills
- Be able to work with all members of staff from other apprentices to the directors
- Have GCSE’s in Maths, Science and English of grade C or above (this is a requirement of the course and you will not be accepted if you cannot meet these requirements)
- Be willing to undertake a wide range of tasks as required
Responsibilities of the Position
As an apprentice with us, you will see that there are many areas to learn in order to be successful as a bathroom and kitchen installer. Some of the skills you will learn are:
- Keeping the site clean
- What different tools are used for
- How to speak to customers and other members of the public
- How to work alongside other trades and think about building a better relationship with other tradespeople
- What different materials and products are for
- An array of trade skills ranging from:
- (one of the above will be used for your apprenticeship qualification)
As an apprentice for Aquarius Home Improvements, you can expect to receive the following:
- Annual starting salary meeting the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices
- 20 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Regular working hours of 7.45-5pm Monday to Friday
- Tool allowance and use of company tools
- The opportunity to work for a company that puts its customers and the quality of its installations before profit
How to apply for the position of apprentice
If you’re interested in applying for the position of bathroom and kitchen installation apprentice and working with Aquarius Home Improvements, simply fill out the contact form on the right, including your CV and if we think your what were looking for we’ll be in touch.