Choosing The Right Kitchen Worktops For Your Kitchen
So you’ve decided on your new fitted kitchen and you can’t wait for the changes, there’s just a few finishing details to get right and you’re ready to go. There’s a good chance that one of those decisions is your kitchen worktops and choosing the right kitchen worktops really makes all the difference to your brand new fitted kitchen.
Chances are you’ll want your worktops to suit the style of kitchen you have chosen and this really will be the finishing touch to your perfect fitted kitchen. There are many options available with all budgets catered to, and we should be able to answer any queries you have about choosing the right kitchen worktops.
Choosing the Right Kitchen Worktops – Styles and Types Available
Here are some of the standard worktop finishes and the fitted kitchens they might fit best in:
- Wooden Work Surfaces
- Although wooden surfaces are mostly connected with traditional or rustic kitchens, they can work well in a modern room too. Good quality pre-treated wooden counters take some looking after, and the quality is not a budget option, but solid wood work surfaces will make you the envy of all your friends.
- Laminate Surfaces
- Laminate Work Surfaces are a more budget option but the great thing is, you can have them look like pretty much any surface you’d like and the wood effects are pretty impressive. Hard wearing and easy-clean, laminate surfaces offer convenience for the busy family.
- Stainless Steel Surfaces
- Practical but not always easy to keep clean, Stainless steel surfaces in the kitchen offer a modern, industrial appeal. Steel is hard wearing and visually it looks stunning, especially with matching glass splashbacks!
- Stone Work Surfaces
- If you really want to go down the luxury route and have something a bit different in your brand new fitted kitchen then Stone surfaces are the way to go. Hard wearing granite, marble, slate or Earthstone can make your kitchen really stand out, and give you a hard wearing and practical surface you’ll be thrilled with for years and years.
- A Combination of Surfaces
- And of course if you’re going to use different surfaces for different things then why not go for a combination of different materials in your new fitted kitchen? Speak to our team of kitchen fitters and we can discuss how you can make different materials work together in different spaces. Wood and stainless steel for instance makes a stunning contrast and will make your kitchen an eye catching, practical and appealing room.
Having the right counters is essential for any new fitted kitchen as they really are the first thing people see when they enter the room.
More luxury options needn’t cost as much as you’d think and by combining our expertise with your ideas we’ll have your dream kitchen a reality before you can say egg-timer!